- Fire Extinguisher Cabinets
- Fire Extinguisher Brackets
Safety Products & Parts
All Fire Extinguishers are tested by the Underwriters Laboratory for safety and performance. They are rated based on the type of fire that they will put out, and their classification is determined by the size of fire they will put out.
• The numerical rating for a Class A Fire extinguisher refers to the amount of chemicals/agent in the extinguisher. The number represents the chemical/agent's equivalent to gallons of water the extinguisher holds. Multiply the number in front of A by 1.25 to figure out the equivalent to gallons of water.
• Example: A Fire Extinguisher with a rating of 2A would contain the equivalent to 2.5 gallons of water (2 x 1.25)
• The numerical rating for a class B fire extinguisher refers to the number of cubic feet that the Fire Extinguisher will be able to extinguish.
• Example: A Fire Extinguisher with a rating of 1A:10B:C would contain agents equal to 1.25 gallons of water (1 x 1.25) and would be able to extinguish 10 square feet of a class B fire.
(The extinguisher would also be rated non-conductive due to the C rating)
• Class C do not have a numerical classifiction. When "C" is present in the classification/UL rating, it indicates that the agents in the fire extinguisher are non-conductive, meaning that you can use them on an electrical fire (meaning anything that is plugged in).
• Example: A Fire Extinguisher with a rating of 5B:C would be able to extinguish 5 square feet of a class B fire and could also be used on a Class C fire (electrical- anything plugged in) due to it's non-conductive properties.
• Class D Fire extinguishers are generally not given a numerical rating. They are simply classified as a "Class D" extinguisher.
• Class K Fire extinguishers are have been rated to be used on Kitchen fires involving cooking oils and deep fryers. Class K are not given a numerical rating.
• Example: A Fire Extinguisher with a rating of 2A:K would contain the equivalent to 2.5 gallons of water (2 x 1.25) and would also be approved to be used on a Class K (cooking oil) Fire.
Please call or e-mail us to determine the best fire extinguisher for your needs.
This is custom tab. You can add custom tab as an attribute for entire products, or for each categories. You can add CMS content such as sizing guide or videos to enhance product detail.
There are no products matching the selection.
Regular Price: $53.00
Special Price $43.99As low as: $27.95
Use coupon code SHIPFREE during checkout.
We offer the best prices for large orders.
10919 Sepulveda Blvd
Ste 7802, Mission Hills, CA 91346
Mon - Fri / 8:00AM - 4:00PM